David Rappeneau’s drawings are peculiarly attractive. Some younger audiences may find the images familiar as they view young men and women smoking or looking at a smartphone screen in a sketchy part of town. The subjects in Rappeneau's work look free, but for some reason, they also appear to be lonely or in agony.
Not much is known about Rappeneau, who has remained enigmatic since emerging in the art world in 2014 as a provocative illustrator. What is known so far is that Rappeneau is a French male artist, based mostly in New York or Europe, according to Gladstone Gallery, which is hosting his first show in Asia.
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- [Today’s K
- Bass Youn Kwang
- Kakao CEO apologizes for SM stock manipulation allegations
- Samsung Biologics sees highest
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Buddhism scholar committed to expanding Korean studies at Yale
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- 윤 대통령, 오스틴 美국방과 만찬 “北, 하마스식 도발땐 단호히 응징”